Saturday 19 November 2011

Vacayyyyy!

We've arrived at our holiday cottage, right on the seafront of Port William, Scotland. The front of the house looked tiny, and is right on the main road. However the fact its on a main road is where the negative comments end. This house is huge! The lounge, dining area and master bedroom are massive, the two smaller rooms aren't so much, but I'll cope.

The journey didn't take long this morning, and aside from the odd patch of fog the weather was glorious, till we arrived at Port William. Then it was grey and miserable for the rest of the day. Once we'd settled in, we popped out for a spot of investigating the local area and dad showed me a memorial to Gavin Maxwell, author of The Ring of Bright Water, which I'd actually brought with me to read. There wasn't much in the way of bird life around, and there seems to be a severe lack of mammals too. Mind you, in this weather, I'm not all that surprised!

I'm hoping to update every evening about the day's adventures, so keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment